Effective Date: July 10, 2023
Privacy Basecamp is a space to interact with one another and share knowledge, information, and experiences from their use of DataGrail. The following user terms apply to all who use Privacy Basecamp. “We,” “our,” and “us” refer to the applicable DataGrail entity. “You” and “your” refers to you, the individual user and participant in Privacy Basecamp.
Community Forum Rules of Engagement
Privacy Basecamp users must never:
- Upload to or link from Privacy Basecamp any harmful or malicious technology, including malware, that unlawfully accesses information owned by DataGrail or any third party.
- Post content that violates applicable laws and governmental regulations, including, but not limited to, all intellectual property, data, privacy, and export control laws, and regulations promulgated by any government agencies, including any rules of any national and other securities exchanges.
- Allow another person to post from their account or on their behalf.
- Post content that is abusive, offensive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racist or bigoted, threatening, libelous, defamatory, or fraudulent.
- Dox another person, or post content that includes another person’s private or personal information, including but not limited to community forum profile information, images, personal phone numbers, email addresses, addresses, and Social Security numbers.
- Post content that the user does not have the required rights to under law and under contractual and fiduciary relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Post spam or advertisements.
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with a person, organization, or entity of DataGrail.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation or integrity of Privacy Basecamp or any information, data, content or other materials available on or through Privacy Basecamp.
- Access Privacy Basecamp in order to build a similar or competitive product or service or copy any ideas, features, functions, or graphics of Privacy Basecamp.
- Authorize, permit, enable, induce or encourage any third party to do any of the above.
- Do anything to violate the spirit of these Terms.
Privacy Basecamp is a place for all of us to connect, share resources, and learn from one another.
We strive to maintain a friendly, informative, and professional environment, so we’ve put a few simple but important guidelines into place to ensure the safety of all community members:
- Treat others with respect. Speak to other members the way you'd like them to speak to you and help us make this community as inclusive and welcoming as possible.
- Ask for help. Facing a specific challenge or just looking for inspiration? That’s what we’re all here for! Post in #general-ask-the-community to ask the peers questions.
- Be supportive and helpful in return. Answer questions, engage in conversation, be helpful to other members, and show your appreciation when they help you. This is your community—we urge you to take full advantage of it!
- No sales or solicitation allowed. Please do not use the group to advertise or solicit sales. This includes public channels as well as direct messages.
- Please introduce yourself! Set your display name to First Name Last Name (Company Name). For example Ryan Gutierrez (DataGrail), add your headshot, and say hi in #introductions (Welcome others as they enter!)
We reserve the right to ban any members who have repeatedly made posts or comments that we deem offensive, rude, or go against these guidelines. Our admins also reserve the right to delete posts that contain:
- Rude or offensive comments
- Nudity or graphic content
- Overt solicitation or anything that could be described as “spammy” If you see a post that violates any of our guidelines, please report it to an admin.
User Submissions, Member-Generated Content and Profile Information
As a user of Privacy Basecamp, you may have the ability to make information, data, graphics, sounds, videos, messages, profiles and other materials and content, each a “Submission,” available through Privacy Basecamp. Submissions include but are not limited to all comments, suggestions, advice, and ideas, including those made or given on an existing or potential DataGrail product or feature. All Submissions are subject to the same licensing provisions contained herein.
Users are solely responsible for all Submissions to Privacy Basecamp. DataGrail has no control over users’ Submissions, and we do not endorse any user Submissions. Additionally, DataGrail does not make any promises about the reliability of any source or the accuracy, safety, or intellectual property rights of any Submissions. By posting a Submission, you represent and warrant to either own or have all the intellectual property rights necessary to upload or share all content contained within such Submission and that the Submission does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of others.
When you submit content to Privacy Basecamp, you do not lose ownership of your Submission. Rather, with each Submission, you grant DataGrail an unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, and royalty-free license to access, use, reproduce, display, prepare derivative works of, sublicense, perform, and distribute any Submission content, feedback, suggestions, or ideas for any purpose without any obligation or compensation to you.
If you make available through Privacy Basecamp ideas and suggestions on DataGrail products or services, you acknowledge and agree that posting such a Submission does not make you an inventor of any invention that may arise during any development of any DataGrail product or service, including those that may incorporate or are related to user contributions to Privacy Basecamp. If, despite the foregoing, you retain any right, title, or interest in any invention, you agree to assign to DataGrail all right, title, and interest in and to such invention, effective upon the invention’s conception, creation, or development. To the extent that you retain any right to or interest in any invention after all permissible assignment, you waive all claims with respect to such rights or interests against DataGrail and its affiliates, and any user of any DataGrail product or service. In addition, you grant DataGrail an unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, and royalty-free license to access, use, reproduce, display, prepare derivatives works of, sublicense, perform, distribute, modify, make, sell, offer to sell, import, analyze, and exploit all or any portion of such invention. You waive and quitclaim to DataGrail any claim for infringement, misappropriation, or other violation of any invention or intellectual property rights assigned or licensed under these Terms.